- Reduction of at least 70% of the total amount of microplastic fibers that is currently discharged in laundry waste water.
- An estimation and study of the amount of micro- and nano fibers in effluents of domestic washes of different types of synthetic textiles.
- A characterisation and quantification of microplastic and nanoplastic contents contained in almost ten different samples coming from washing wastewater.
- A set of tested recommendations for the optimisation of washing process using the new finished textiles, the new detergents, and synergistic combinations of the new finished textiles and the new detergents.
- Increasing the knowledge and awareness of 3000 consumers and professionals on measures to reduce microplastics arising from washes by means of providing them with a Good Practices Guidelines handbook.
- A set of policy recommendations based on a previous overview and a SWOT analysis of the regulatory framework concerning microplastic pollution control and prevention at a regional, national, European and International level.
- Policy recommendations to promote the widespread implementation of technologies that will contribute to reach a Good Environmental Status (GES) by 2020.